PRIVACY NOTICE – MARCH 2018
The company is an Estate Agency business which is involved in the buying/renting and selling/leasing of property. The company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source. The company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of estate agency we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The company has collected your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes estate agency processes. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:-
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
b. Categories of data
The company has collected the following personal data on you:-
- Name/contact details
- E-mail addresses
- Client’s property address
- Property address of enquiry
- Any further noted information supplied on enquiry
c. Legitimate interest
Where the company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:-
- To undertake Estate Agency procedures:-
- Buying property
- Renting/Leasing property
- Selling property
d. Recipient’s of data
The company will not process your data with any third party – unless written permission has been gained by you.
- The company may process your personal data (with your permission) with the following recipients, solely for the reason of undertaking Estate Agency procedures only:-
- Utility companies
2. Data Retention
The company will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Estate Agencies require us to keep records for 7 years.
Where the company has obtained your consent to process your personal, we will do so in line with our data protection policy (a copy of which is available). Upon expiry of that period the company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the company will cease to process your personal and/or sensitive personal data.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:-
- The right to be informed about the personal data the company processes on you
- The right of access to the personal data the company processes on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal and/or sensitive personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Clare Morrall.
4. Source of personal data
The company sourced your personal data by the following means:-
- Enquiries made direct through the Company website
- Through social media, a phone call or e-mail made by yourself to Abode Residential
- Your direct enquiry through Rightmove
5. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact Clare Morrall.
You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissionaire’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.